Sunday, April 4, 2010

Qing Ming ;D

Just arrived back in Subang and my butt sores from the long car ride back here.

Speaking of Qing Ming, an occasion which Chinese people would go back to their hometown or any of their beloved family members graveyard to burn...money (hell money, not the RM50 notes). That's what we Chinese believe and will continue believing in. So people also started burning stuff which they think their 'elders' will receive in hell. I don't know why but Chinese people don't believe in heaven so everything ends up in hell. They think they did too many bad deeds to buy them a place in hell, maybe.

So, I remember specifically one thing my dad joke about after we we're done burning all the hell money and so on. Near my late grandmother's graveyard there is pond for prawn breeding and I asked my dad : why didn't they set up a fence around the pond. Wouldn't people come and steal the shrimps? My dad just looked at me and said : why bother? There's so many people here to help look after it. And then I turned my head towards the direction of all the graveyards and my dad just laughed.

It's not scientifically proven but it's mentally proven. What a strategic place to breed prawns.

No comments: